Thursday, September 25, 2008

Play Mat Paradise!

We found ourselves holding Berklie all the time and my mind started wandering..." I love holding her, but is she headed for childhood obesity due to lack of activity?" LOL! I am just kidding, but the girl did need some type of brain stimulation. What can I say - it's the teacher in me. So, I ventured online to Wal-Mart and Babies-R-Us to look for play mats. The ones at Wal-Mart all seemed a little cheap and flimsy, and B-R-U was way too expensive. I finally got a Baby Einstein mat at SAM'S. It was only $31 and let me tell you - money well spent! SHE LOVES IT! Needless to say, she is getting her brain stimulation on a daily basis now - I can feel her getting smarter by the minute! LOL! She is so cute on it - she lays there and looks at the toys hanging down in amazement, and then she gets excited and starts talking, slapping, and kicking at them. When she hits one her eyes get huge - like, "Wow! What just happened?" It is so adorable!


"Hi, Mommy & Daddy, thanks for the play mat!"



So, in reply to Alice Ann's blog

My Favorite Things as a Mommy!

1. I have to agree with her on eye cream and pony tail holders

2. The amazing BOPPY! Name something and I can probably find a way to use the Boppy for it!

3. Alarm clocks - otherwise I would not be waking up for work until Berklie wakes me up to eat.

4. Strollers - for those "get back into shape" outings.

5. Two words......Take Out!

6. My sister, Amby, for suggesting the "bath, book, bottle/boobies routine"!

7. My husband! He helps keep me sane.


My Favorite Baby Things!

1. Again I have to agree with Alice Ann - Mylicon and Pampers (whoever the maker of LUVS is - OMG! They are awful! I haven't tried Huggies yet, but I think Berklie and I are both spoiled on Pampers! If you like Huggies, let me know what you think.)

2. Same as AA - my breast pump - we have an appointment everyday during my conference at 11:30. Imagine lugging that thing around a high school! Granted it is in a trendy bag, but kids still know!

3. Formula dispenser - if you don't know what this is, and your baby takes formula - you have to get one. It is just this little container with different slots and you turn it to a slot and empty it into the bottle. Great for the on the go girls, daycare, dad's, ect!

4. THE PLAY MAT!!!!!

5. Two more words - BABY BED! Since she has started sleeping in it, I appreciate it much more!

6. Lastly.....MAM pacifiers - it is the only kind she will take. Picky little girl already - oh, no!


She played herself to sleep! Such a little doll - I could just eat her up!

2 comments:

the Sebring's said...

We have the same mat and GA enjoys it for about 5 minutes and then we are back to fussing. But I bet when she gets older she will like it more! She looks so precious sleeping!

Sara Te said...

Look how sweet she is!!! (I finally figured out this comment thing!)