Thursday, September 25, 2008

Man, oh, man!





Berklie had her 2 month check up on Tuesday, and man-oh-man, was it bad! Well, it was not all bad - her doctor, which we both LOVE, checked her out and Berklie was great! Dr. London answered all of my questions and then said good bye and see you soon. Then....in she came - the nurse! Berklie liked her too, until....WAM! BAM! THANK YOU! MA'AM! OUCH!!!!! She first warmed Berklie up with an oral vaccine which she gulped down (must have tasted yummy), then came the big guns! The SHOTS! FIVE of them! Poor thing - she cried so hard that she turned blue and no sound was coming out of her. It scared me for a moment then I figured - your at the doctor she will be fine! I have to admit that I am a horrible mother....I laughed. Yes, I laughed! Can you believe it???? My precious baby is laying there mad and hurting so much that she stops crying, and I am laughing! It was funny though, and when I picked her up within a minute she stopped crying and gave me a look of, "Why did you just let that lady do that to me, Mommy?" Of course, this would be the time that I teared up! Talk about yank on your heart strings - that will do it! Hopefully, it did not traumatize her too bad, and she won't get gun shy of the doctor when she is older. For the aftermath she did well, no fussiness, not much fever, and she still wanted to eat - so that is all good. I was very proud of my Bitty Girl!

Now, on to Bitty Girl's stats -

Berklie Faith
September 23, 2008
weight - 11 lbs.
height - 22 3/4 in.
head circumference - 38 1/2 cm


Such stylish band-aids --- Garfield! Whatever happened to him????

No comments: