Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!

Happy father's day to all of the father's in our lives - Flint, Dad, Larry, Joseph, Thomas, Brad, Lance, and all of the many others. We had a really good Father's Day. We woke up and I cooked french toast for everyone, then we laid around for a little bit and got ready to go cook lunch out at my in-laws. Once we ate and visited for a while we went to see MeMaw for a bit, then took the kids home, and drove back to Terrell. Nothing too exciting, but it was just right. Simply because we got to spend time together - a rare commodity these days! Flint, got a cute card from Hailey, one from me and Berklie, and then we all got him a shirt, shorts, and a pair of flip-flops. He seemed to like everything pretty well.

I didn't get to see my Dad, but I will this coming weekend - he had a delightful trip into Love Field today where a "suspicious bag" was left in a terminal and the entire airport was on lock down for a while. Now that is an eventful day! Mom stuck it out and waited on him though and they are both safe back in Oakwood now.

Of course I had all intentions of getting a picture of Berklie with her Daddy on Father's Day, just like the intention I had on Mother's Day to get a picture of us together - yet neither of these seemed to happen! Crazy! I did get a couple of cute pictures of her throughout the day though. Here they are!


This is a ball from the toy that her Mimi bought her.
Thanks, Mom, she really loves her toy!


"Hey, little girl, can I pet your doggy?"
This might just be one of my favorite pictures of her to date...yes...yes I know I have said this before, but this one really is.....well maybe!
I thought she looked so adorable.
Just like she was about to start up a conversation or something!


Here she is helping me water the flowers in her snugglie. She loves that thing - and so do I!
It is the only thing that keeps her contained anymore!
Look how long her legs are!

"Happy Father's Day, Daddy! We love you!"

1 comment: