Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Four month check up, oh my!

So, Berklie went for her 4 month check up, and I forgot to post how it went and her stats. The visit was good! The doctor said she looks great and is growing on schedule, so that is all great news. Yet, the shot experience was not good at all!!!! Poor thing! At the 2 month check up I was fine and she only cried for a little bit, but at this appointment it was awful! Flint went with me and thank goodness he did! The nurse gave her the oral vaccine first and dumped it all in her mouth are once, so Berklie choked on it and got scared. Well, this led to crying (which would be expected if you can't breath and are scared) then the nurse didn't even let us calm her down before she started with the shots! Needless to say, Berklie cried through the entire shot session and a good while afterwards! I felt so bad for her! It really broke my heart this time, and I think her daddy's heart a little bit, too. All is good now though! Her stats are below. The doctor said she has the quintessential "big baby head" that all babies get, and that she is long and lean. She is in the 90% percentile for her height and the 50% percentile for her weight. She is a growing baby girl!

Berklie Faith Bigham
November 24, 2008 - 4 month check up
Weight: 14 lbs 5.6 oz
Length: 26 in

1 comment:

Sara Te said...

What a mean nurse!! But, I'm glad that other than terrorizing Berklie, the visit went good. Sounds like she's growing along!

Can't wait to see y'all this weekend!