Friday, July 25, 2008

ANNOUNCING THE ARRIVAL OF...

Berklie Faith Bigham
July 21, 2008 at 9:42 p.m.
6 lbs 15 oz and 19 3/4 inches

As you all know we went in Monday morning for an induction due to my preeclampsia. I got there, went strait to labor and delivery, and they took us to a room. They hooked me up to my I-V and we got the day started!!!!! It was a long 14 1/2 hours of labor when the doctor decided to do a c-section. I was nervous at first and then the whirlwind hit! At 9:00 they decided about the c-section and said the doctors would be there around 9:30. Around 9:10 the nurse came in said here is a gown for dad and mi-mi got him dressed. They got me out of bed to walk to the surgery room (I never got my epidural that day - was close but choose not to just yet) I got to the surgery room got on the table and had a spinal - which did not hurt when the guy did it, but it was certainly the strangest sensation I have ever felt! Then I laid down, they pulled up the screen, did a TEST cut (I almost panicked thinking I might feel it - of course I didn't) - then brought Flint in and put up the sheet. And at 9:42 p.m. Miss. Berklie Faith Bigham was born. Thankfully my doctor called for a c-section because when they pulled her out she had the cord wrapped around her neck twice then back up behind her arm! She was doing flip flops already! So, here are some pictures of the trials and tribulations of the big day, and some we have taken since! I want to say thank you to all of my family and friends that came and stuck it out all day. Both Flint and my families were there, along with her Aunt Sara, Sissy, and Aunt Kristin. You guys are troopers! We had several visitors during our stay at the hospital that we appreciate, too. I have to say that I am truly blessed to have found Flint, and then to be blessed with Berklie - I fell in love the first time I saw both of them!



This is Berklie's name that her Aunt Amby made her, and the table cloth that I made.

This is when we arrived at the hospital - lovely, huh?

Me in labor - not much fun.

Getting ready to go into the operating room. Do we look nervous? If not nervous then PUFFY from all the stuff they had given me that day...lol!

Getting a kiss from mom and dad before I go back.

My AWESOME doctor right before she opens me up!
I bet you all are thanking me for that image - aren't you?

Flint and I in the surgery room.
I wasn't asleep just had my eyes closed.

Berklie's entrance into the world!

Cleaning her up in the operating room.

Mad in the nursery - she is about to get her first bath. The nurse took such good care of her - I coached both of her daughters. She loved Berklie and sent her girls a picture that night once she was all cleaned up.

Getting her first bath in the nursery.

The first time I got to hold her. It was amazing! They had a little pink bow in her hair that they let Hailey pick out.

Still in awe and trying not to cry.

She got to meet her bothers and sisters the night she was born. I think they are kinda proud of her.

The day after she was born in Alexi's arms. She is extremely bright eyed.

Here she is with proud Papa and siblings.

She was two days old here.

This is the day we came home from the hospital. I think she is going to be a thumb sucker!


I was so scared that she was going to be too big to fit into this dress. When she was born I was quite surprised she was so little. As you can tell we could have fit two of her in the dress! It was HUGE along with the pacifier! The socks were huge too - they would just fall off. It was too funny! I am sure she will get a kick out of it when she looks back at the film we took - all Flint and I are doing is laughing.


I LOVE this picture! I call it my "Beauty Queen" picture.


Daddy whistling to her -- She likes him just a little!


Did I mention that the bow was HUGE too!
I honestly didn't think it would look this big! It cracked us up!

This is one of my favorite pictures of us.

This is the night we got home from the hospital - she had a really long day.
She was zonked out!

These three are pictures of her in her swing. I love this thing!
She is a "big one" - isn't she?

This was her first time to meet her mi-mi.
I think they were both quite taken with one another.




1 comment:

the Sebring's said...

She's so cute! I bet she is fun to cuddle with.....you look great after all the hard work you went through. Take care and get some sleep! We love you, AA and Russ
I know Grace Ann can't wait to meet her new friend! Cheer camp here we come!