Thursday, February 11, 2010

PALs State Conference

We went to Austin for the annual PALs State Conference last weekend. My kids presented two different sessions twice, and they did an AWESOME job! One session, "Those Forgotten", was over how to become more involved with special needs students, and the other session, "Paper Chasing" was over fundraising ideas. Both groups did great and like I said I was sooooo proud of them! We all had a nice and relaxing time at Embassy Suites in North Austin. We had our traditional "fancy" dinner where all the kids get dressed up and we go to a nice restaurant. This year we went to Trulucks on 4th street and they loved it. They all thought the Listerine jug in the bathrooms were fabulous! I have a good group this year and I will miss them next year for sure!

Flint drove the bus for us, so it was also like a little mini vacation for us. Mom and dad kept Berklie for us and she did a great job! I think I had a rougher time being away from her than she did me! I think she was happy to see us all though!


This is everyone waiting for the keynote speaker to start. Yes, we were one of the first freaking schools there! I never want to be late, so we always get to places super early! Thank goodness my kids love me!
These were the presenters for the session Those Forgotten.

Them presenting.

Presenters for Paper Chasing.

Them presenting.

Us dressed up the our fancy dinner.

These are all my kiddos! In their nice clothes for our fancy dinner!

All the chicas!

All the chicos!

I took them for a walk on 6th street. It was "hopping" yet and the streets weren't even shut down yet. They didn't see what the big deal about it was....I told them wait till you get to college, then you'll know.

No comments: