Monday, August 16, 2010

What...already???? NO!!!!

What, are you serious, school is starting already?!?!?! The Bigham Bunch had a great summer, but it seemed to FFFFLLLLLLYYYYYY by! The first day of inservice was today, and I have to say I was dreading it. It is going to be so awkward not having Flint on the same campus.... in the same district for that matter. For the last four years Flint and I have had lunch together everyday....so it is going to be a little weird this year in that realm, too. I almost cried in one of our meetings today, because I am so use to seeing his name next to mine on all the paperwork, that when I didn't see it...I guess it kind of hit me...wow, he really is not going to be here. I know I sound like a whiner, but it really was fun to have each other on the same campus. When I tell most people that we worked together and ate lunch together everyday they would comment..."Don't ya'll get tired of each other...that would drive me crazy...I could never work with my spouse." I loved it! I guess because I rarely see him during football season it was nice to have that time together. It was also great to have someone to go and vent to, talk to, get a smile from when I was having one of those bad days. I do have some great friends that I work with that hopefully will make my year more bearable, as well as, my sweet kiddos that I work with. So...let's just pray that this year ZOOMS by like summer did, and maybe Flint and I will end up at the same school next year....until then...I am just going to make the best of it and TRY to be positive, I know God has a reason for me to be where I am at! To all my teacher family and friends - Have a great school year!

3 comments:

The Cleavelin Chronicles said...

what a bummer! did he take a better position at another school? i remember you saying when you first started working together, you couldn't imagine working apart! keeep smilin'...when one door closes, another opens! You will have a great year :)

The Bigham Family said...

Yes, he got a job as the defensive coordinator at North Forney H.S. He will also be co-teaching for the science classes, and assistant baseball. Was a much needed raise, so that was nice...now just if I can get a job there next year...or at least in the same district. Lol.

The Cleavelin Chronicles said...

I guess it's bittersweet then! I'm sure this year won't be any different than the rest, flying by quickly. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!